Pre-registration for all events
The SCS Publicity and Recruitment committee have a very important role to play within the Society and one of the prime functions of the committee is to generate interest in the Society in order to attract membership.
Historically the Society has been obliged to ask for pre-registration for some of its events in order to monitor numbers and ensure catering requirements are met. RDG North has asked for pre-registration to its events for this purpose over recent years.
It was a decision by the Publicity and Recruitment committee members that pre-registration should be carried forward across the whole of the Society events for consistency. Pre-registration does come with several benefits as follows:
- The system used, Eventbrite, offers the registrant the opportunity to print off a Continuing Professional Development Certificate which they can print out and bring along with them to an event for the President or Organiser to sign.
- It gives the Secretariat a good idea of numbers for each event and in turn allows the opportunity to cater correctly, without wasting Society funds by over-catering.
- Eventbrite sends email reminders to delegates and allows the Secretariat to issue a survey, if needed.
- The speaker(s) will be informed and have a good idea as to who their audience is and expected numbers. It is all about 'know your audience'
- Allows the opportunity to contact non-members to encourage SCS membership.
- Automatic Facebook and Twitter updates.
- The Secretariat can monitor who is attending SCS events as this information may be useful in the future as the various proposed educational initiatives and Fellowship Grade are brought into fruition. This information can be used in several ways to correspond with members and non-members and establish what hot topics they would like the SCS to consider for future lectures.
- An attendance list is required for Health and Safety regulation purposes - requested by all the venues.
It is stressed that an SCS member who hasn't pre-registered will never be turned away from an SCS event. The highly experienced Secretariat team know their membership and will always have a contingency in place to accommodate them.